Our mission is to help those in need of emotional support of any kind. We are there to share a story, a smile, or to help a struggling child read or interact socially. We share the unconditional love and solace that our dogs give us everyday with anyone in need. It is through your generous donations and support that we can continue to thrive to serve our communities.
Registered and Certified – All of our dog/handler teams are registered therapy teams. They are highly trained and covered by insurance when they volunteer. They are also certified Reading Education Assistance dogs. These R. E. A. D. dogs are trained to be a catalyst in assisting children who are struggling with reading.
Red Cross Volunteers – All of our teams are registered Red Cross Volunteers. Besides disaster relief, the Red Cross supports America’s military members, veterans and their families. Many of our members have been trained to work with people under stress.
Awards Received – Many of our members have received rewards for their volunteer work. Some of these are:
- Prestigious Black and Gold Volunteer Award for outstanding service at West Point
- American Red Cross Betty Rasmussen Service Award
- American Red Cross Services to the Armed Forces Award
- Department of the Army Commander’s Award for Public Service
- United States Military Academy 50 Year Commemorative Coin
- Silver Presidential Volunteer Award
- Bronze Presidential Volunteer Award
Clinical studies have proven that animals have the power to help people heal. Simply petting, touching or talking to animals can improve physical health and emotional well being.
You and your dog can have a dramatic impact on the lives of people in any facility setting, such as: assisted living centers, nursing homes, hospitals, veterans’ hospitals, psychiatric centers, hospice, schools and libraries.
We are looking for special owners and their dogs to:
- Brighten the lives of those in need
- Visit hospitals, nursing homes, schools, senior centers, veterans’ hospitals and special needs programs etc.
- Become a registered therapy dog team
- Facebook: facebook.com/HVPaws
- Twitter: twitter.com/hvpaws; @hvpaws
- Email: HVPaws @gmail.com
- Phone: 914-953-6434
- Via our Contact Form on this website